10.26.2010

haul out the holly

Halloween Shmalloween.

We've been plummeted to the edge of the world, otherwise known as Winter.

I don't know what all this talk about pumpkins and leaves and ghouls is. We might as well call it the 4th of July, whip out the lemonade, and go prancing around in our swimsuits.

Come to think of it, I'm sure Deek would love it if I went prancing around in my swimsuit. Too bad all I'm sporting right now are my long johns, and they don't seem to have quite the same effect.

This morning to celebrate the first official dusting dumping of snow we whipped out Reese's new wooden sled for it's christening and went trekking out into the balmy 28 degree weather.

I'm in love.

She's in love.

It's perfect.



(speaking of winter... Santa Baby, would you pretty please bring me a new lens for Christmas? One that's actually made for a digital camera and that doesn't turn out blurry every. single. time?. Kthanksbye.)

Though I must say, I'm going to have some killer buff arms this winter. And some buns of steel - hauling that thing through hill and dell. Who needs P90x when you have a wooden sled?

Reese was giggling and smiling the entire time, giddy with love over her new ride.

How did I make it through my childhood without a wooden sled? This thing is the bomb. Thank you LL Bean for being brilliant and Mom for the birthday gift.

Many happy Winter days ahead!

6 comments:

Katie and Greg said...

Sweetness! Now you get to sleep in and work out later. I love, love, love the sled. I always have. It is so doggone cool. Thank goodness for your Baffins!

Andrea Dent said...

Dear Jen & Reese,
Please send that our way, as today was 92 degrees. I am dancing around in my bathing suit, but when you do it all year round it looses it's effect too. Your whole sled combo is killing me as well. Although the sled is only half as cute as the little lady sitting in it. One day we will update our blog, until then.....

That is all.

Erin Webster said...

Love the pictures! I would love a sled like that, although we don't have nearly as scenic a place to go trekking around!

Jenny said...

That sled is awesome! Your little Reese is so darn cute (and growing quickly, I might add!)! For the record, I think your new adventure is great and am slightly jealous! :)

Hale-O There said...

That is about the best picture ever. I wish I had a sled like that! I saw katie and greg today and which caused me to wonder about you up there in the mountains. Glad you're having a good adventure after another.

Kristi said...

That looks like SO much fun!