12.17.2010

really? right before christmas?

We had a fabulous escapade down to the valley this week. The height of it all was seeing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform with David Archuleta. Smooth as butter, his voice is.

We returned home about an hour ago, and happily meeting me at my home was Mr. Frozen Pipes.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Quadruple million ugh.

No showers, no washing dishes, no bedtime baths, no water for cooking, nothin'.  I could use our emergency preparedness water, but I don't know if I want to drain our supplies.

Do I take the trek back down to the valley and just camp out for a couple weeks til they thaw? But that would leave poor Deek all alone during the holiday. When would we celebrate our Christmas? We like to do it seperately from extended families.

Cripes, people.

Not to mention, I'm booked to work at the lodge next week. What to do, what to do.

Any one know of a magical way to thaw pipes?

2 comments:

Katie and Greg said...

Yikes. I think our best option is to pray for a day in the 50's. Although we'd love your company in the valley for a bit. :)

Katie and Greg said...

And P.S. the standby line was purely freezin. Apparently even if you stand in line for two hours they take no pity on you. All those "special" people with golden tickets all decided to show up and there wasn't room for a single one of us pitiful characters (and there was probably a 1,000 of us!). Until next year where we all get to throw our name in a giant stockpot with 2% nothin' chance of getting tickets again. I hate the fair system. I loved when we could dominate with our awesome internet skills back in the day!